This article describes cumulative update package 12 (Build number: 10.50.4305.0) for Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 2 (SP2). This update contains hotfixes for issues that were fixed after the release of SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2.
How to obtain this cumulative update package
Click "Hotfix Download Available" at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If the "Hotfix Request" page doesn't appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the cumulative update package.
|VSTS bug number||KB article number||Description||Fix area|
|2023764||2878139||FIX: "Using 'dbghelp.dll' version '4.0.5'" error is logged in SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2008 R2 when a statement or job executes the sys.fn_xe_file_target_read_file stored procedure||SQL service|
|1760283||2911663||FIX: SQL Server does not clean up the missing index entries until the corresponding queries are executed in SQL Server 2008 R2||SQL service|
|2201794||2927325||FIX: Thesaurus expansion for phrases returns unexpected results in SQL Server 2008 or SQL Server 2008 R2||SQL service|
|2023829||2930592||FIX: "The 'DrillthroughContext' parameter is missing a value" error message when you use Report Builder 1.0 for SSRS 2008 R2||Reporting Services|
|2065230||2932075||FIX: Server commit freezes when a ROLAP query fails with an error in SSAS 2008 R2 SP2||Analysis Services|
|2059785||2933103||FIX: Assertion failure when you execute a query specifying TOP N and ORDER BY in SQL Server 2008 R2||SQL performance|
|2094725||2936154||FIX: DTA utility crashes with an access violation when you use UDF in SQL Server 2008 R2||Management Tools|
|2095064||2936328||FIX: An access violation occurs when you run CHECKTABLE or CHECKDB against the table that has persisted computed columns in SQL Server 2008 R2||SQL service|
|2105292||2937131||FIX: An access violation occurs when you delete rows from the tables that have delete cascade and query notifications in SQL Server 2008 R2||SQL performance|
|1921849||2938476||FIX: Errors when you use export/import data wizard to move data after apply CU2 for SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2||Integration Services|
|2100367||2950189||FIX: An access violation occurs when you execute update query on a table that has a DML trigger in SQL Server 2008 R2||SQL performance|
|2082532||2950204||FIX: Error when you open a Power View report that has any Bing Map in SQL Server 2008 R2||Reporting Services|
|2208394||2953354||FIX: Log Reader Agent fails when you have Oracle Publishing configured in SQL Server 2008 R2||SQL service|
Notes for this update
- We recommend that you test hotfixes before you deploy them in a production environment.
- We recommend that you apply the most recent update release .
- This cumulative package is intended to correct only the problems that are described in this article. Apply it only to systems that are experiencing these specific problems.
- The most recent update release contains all the hotfixes and all the updates that were included with the previous SQL Server 2008 R2 update release.
- We recommend that you upgrade your SQL Server to the latest SQL Server 2008 R2 service pack .
Hybrid environments deployment
When you deploy the hotfixes to a hybrid environment (Such as AlwaysOn, replication, cluster, mirroring), we recommend that you go and refer to the following articles before you deploy them:
- SQL Server failover cluster rolling update and service pack process.
If you do not want to use the rolling update process, follow these steps in order to apply a CU or SP:
- Install the service pack on the passive node.
- Install the service pack on the active node (This step requests servicerestart).
- Upgrade and update of availability group servers that use minimal downtime and data loss.
If you enabled AlwaysOn with SSISDB catalog for additional considerations about how to apply a CU or SP in these environments, go and see the article from the following MSDN blog:
- How to apply a hotfix for SQL Server in a transactional replication and database mirroring topology
- How to apply a hotfix for SQL Server in a replication topology
- How to install service packs and hotfixes on an instance of SQL Server that is configured to use database mirroring
- Overview of SQL Server Servicing Installation
Cumulative update package information
PrerequisitesTo apply this cumulative update package, you must be running SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2.
Restart informationYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this cumulative update package.
Registry informationTo use one of the hotfixes in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
- How to obtain the latest service pack for SQL Server 2008 R2.
- The Incremental Servicing Model for SQL Server to deliver hotfixes for reported problems.
- Naming schema for Microsoft SQL Server software update packages.
- Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates.