- You deploy an x86 version of Microsoft Lync 2013 in a Lync Server 2013 environment.
- You create a user (user A) in Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS). One or more of the identity attributes of user A, such as cn, displayName, givenName, name, and sn, are written by using the non-Latin characters, such as Cyrillic.
- You rebuild the user's database.
- A user (user B) signs in to the Lync 2013 client.
- User B tries to search for user A by entering the non-Latin characters in a case that differs from the one in the AD DS attribute. For example, if user A's display name is "Дарья Попкова" in AD DS, user B searches for user A by inputting one of the following strings:
Note After the update is applied, the symptom may persist until the client downloads again a full copy of the address book. To force a full download, delete the local copy of the address book files (GalContacts*.db).
For more information about the indexing issue, go to the "Indexing in the Address Book does not work as expected in some language (3336047)" section in the following Microsoft website: