Improvements and fixesThis security update contains the following improvement:
- Improves the English and Welsh proofing tools in SharePoint Server 2013. Additionally, this update contains lexical improvements to the English and the Welsh spelling lexicon.
This security update also contains fixes for the following nonsecurity issues:
- The "Discover and Hold content" feature does not work correctly in SharePoint 2010 if it consumes SharePoint 2013 search applications.
- The DocumentSetTemplate functionality does not work by using the Client Side Object Model (CSOM) API.
- Content Organizer routes documents that have a modified time in the destination set to server time instead of UTC time.
- Hybrid search fails because the query time-out is 60 seconds in SharePoint 2013.
- You cannot view PDF files from search results by using Internet Explorer 8, Internet Explorer 9, Internet Explorer 10, or Internet Explorer 11.
- URLs that contain special characters (such as "é", "è", or "ç") cannot be deleted from Authoritative pages.
- When you try to crawl and index an .xml file that has an encoding declaration in the XML declaration, the process fails and you receive an "Invalid XML stream" error.
- When you try to create a publishing sub-site, you receive a "Forbidden" error even if you have full control permission.
- Date refiners have the incorrect translation for French.
- For individual, small business, and organizational users, use the Windows automatic updating feature to install the fixes from Microsoft Update. To do this, see Get security updates automatically on the Microsoft Safety and Security Center website.
- For IT professionals, see Microsoft Security Bulletin MS15-022 on the Security TechCenter website.
How to obtain help and support for this security updateHelp installing updates: Support for Microsoft Update
Security solutions for IT professionals: TechNet Security support and troubleshooting
Help protect your Windows-based computer from viruses and malware: Virus Solution and Security Center
Local support according to your country: International support
More information about this security updateNote After you install this security update on all SharePoint servers and SharePoint services, you have to run the PSconfig tool to complete the installation.
Restart informationYou may have to restart the computer after you install this security update.
In some cases, this update does not require a restart. If the required files are being used, this update will require a restart. If this behavior occurs, a message is displayed that advises you to restart the computer.
To help reduce the possibility that a restart will be required, stop all affected services and close all applications that may use the affected files before you install this security update.
Learn about why you may be prompted to restart your computer after you install a security update on a Windows-based computer.
Removal informationThis security update cannot be removed.
Article ID: 2956153 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 3