Consider the following scenario:
- You have a Windows Server 2012 R2-based Hyper-V cluster managed by System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM).
- You create a virtual machine (VM) in the Hyper-V cluster and enable the dynamic memory (DM).
- You restart the virtual machine management service (VMMS.exe).
- The memory demand is empty in the Hyper-V Manager UI.
- The performance counters for the DM do not exist.
- The DM operations on the VM do not work.
This issue occurs because of a missing call in OnServerStartup() function during the restart of VMMS.
Update informationTo resolve this issue, install update rollup 2955164. For more information about how to obtain this update rollup package, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2955164 Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2 update rollup: May 2014
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates