This article describes the issues that are fixed and functionality that is updated in Cumulative Update 1 (CU1) for the Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager clients for UNIX and Linux. The Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 CU1 clients for UNIX and Linux can be used with both Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1 (SP1) and System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager.
Issues that are fixed
UNIX and Linux clients
- In some cases, Linux clients may not initialize while the Scxcm.log file grows quickly. Additionally, the following warning message is logged in the /var/opt/microsoft/scxcm.log file:datetime Warning [scx.client.agents.InventoryAgentState:338:27298:140010010693376] Hardware Inventory endpoint Notify gained the policy lock, but the system is not yet ready. Retrying. LinuxUNIXClient 01.01.1601 00:00:00 2666765960 (0x9EF39E88)
- After a client upgrade, the UNIX or Linux client does not send the new client version number to the server.
- When you run the ccmexec –v command, a version number is displayed that is inconsistent with the client version number that is reported to the server.
- The Universal Linux client does not install on Linux computers that use OpenSSL versions greater than 1.0.0 if the library file Libssl.so.1.0.0 does not exist. Additionally, you receive the following error message from the installation script:Checking Prerequisites...
Running preinstall validator
/tmp/ccm/preinstallvalidator: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Pre-Install validator failed. Please check the version of OpenSSL with CM installation requirements.
- The client does not install on Linux computers that have an Athlon kernel.
- In some cases, the client may not install on AIX-based computers. Additionally, you receive the following error message from the installation script:Registering Providers...
exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program /opt/microsoft/omi/bin/omireg.bin because of the following errors:
0509-150 Dependent module libomiclient.so could not be loaded.
0509-022 Cannot load module libomiclient.so.
0509-026 System error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
An error occurred while registering providers.
- If multiple Network Access accounts (NAAs) are configured, and if one or more of the accounts is invalid for the distribution point, software distribution to a UNIX or Linux client may not retrieve the package.
- When the server sends a policy resync command to the UNIX or Linux client, the client may stop sending inventory to the server or stop processing software distribution. Additionally, the following warning message is logged in the /var/opt/microsoft/scxcm.log file:Info [scx.client.scheduler.IScheduledTrigger:256:51452:140230841011968] Loaded a one-shot trigger that has already completed. Trigger will not be fired again.
- Hardware inventory does not return serial number properties for the PC BIOS class for UNIX-based and Linux-based computers.
- Hardware inventory returns no data for the PC BIOS class for AIX-based computers.
How to obtain Cumulative Update 1 for System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager clients for UNIX and LinuxYou can download the client update for UNIX and Linux from the following Microsoft website:
Learn about how to upgrade UNIX and Linux clients here.
Restart informationYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis cumulative update replaces all previously released updates.
How to determine the installation of this cumulative updateThis cumulative update changes the following Configuration Manager version number.
Administrator ConsoleThe version number that is displayed in the About System Center Configuration Manager dialog box is 5.00.7958.1020.
ClientYou can display the client version number by using the following command:
The version number that is displayed is 5.00.7958.1020.