- You have a computer that's running Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2.
- You're using a UEFI system with two hard disks, and you have EFI System Partition on your system disk.
- You use Windows Server Backup to perform a complete backup.
- You then use the backup data to perform a bare metal recovery (BMR).
However, after the recovery operation is completed, the Windows Server Backup service cannot be started.
- Open an administrative command prompt.
- Run the following command:wbadmin delete catalog
- Restart the Windows Server Backup service, or restart the computer.
The Windows Server Backup service should now run normally.