Update Rollup 7 for Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 3 (SP3) was released on August 26, 2014. This update rollup resolves various issues. Before you install this update, you must remove all interim updates for Exchange Server 2010 SP3. Also, see this important information about installing this update.
Get Update Rollup 7 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3
Issues that the update rollup resolves
Update Rollup 7 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3 resolves the issues that are described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles:
- 2983261 "HTTP 400 - Bad Request" error when you open a shared mailbox in Outlook Web App in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2982873 Outlook Web App logon times out in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2980300 Event 4999 is logged when the World Wide Web publishing service crashes after you install Exchange Server 2010 SP3
- 2979253 Email messages that contain invalid control characters cannot be retrieved by an EWS-based application
- 2978645 S/MIME option disappears when you use Outlook Web App in Internet Explorer 11 in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2977410 Email attachments are not visible in Outlook or other MAPI clients in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2976887 eDiscovery search fails if an on-premises Exchange Server 2010 mailbox has an Exchange Online archive mailbox
- 2976322 Assistant stops processing new requests when Events in Queue value exceeds 500 in Exchange Server 2010
- 2975988 S/MIME certificates with EKU Any Purpose (126.96.36.199.0) are not included in OAB in Exchange Server 2010
- 2966923 Domain controller is overloaded after you change Active Directory configurations in Exchange Server 2010
This update also includes new daylight saving time (DST) updates for Exchange Server 2010 SP3. For more information about DST, go to the following Microsoft website:
Update detail information
Installation instructionsLearn more about how to install the latest update rollup for Exchange Server 2010.
Also learn about the following update installation scenarios.
Restart requirementThe required services are restarted automatically when you apply this update rollup.
Removal informationTo remove Update Rollup 7 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3, use the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel to remove update 2961522.
Installing this update on a DBCS version of Windows Server 2012You cannot install or uninstall Update Rollup 7 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3 on a double-byte character set (DBCS) version of Windows Server 2012 if the language preference for non-Unicode programs is set to the default language. To work around this issue, you must first change this setting. To do this, follow these steps:
- In Control Panel, open the Clock, Region and Language item, and then click Region.
- Click the Administrative tab.
- In the Language for non-Unicode programs area, click Change system locale.
- On the Current system locale list, click English (United States), and then click OK.
For more information about terminology that Microsoft uses to describe software updates, click the following article number to go to the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates