This article describes the update rollup for Windows RT, Windows 8, and Windows Server 2012 that is dated June 2014. This update rollup package includes performance and reliability improvements. We recommend that you apply this update rollup as part of your regular maintenance routines. Check out the fixed issues in this update.
Issues that this update fixesThis update package fixes the issues that are documented in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles:
- 2914743 You receive Stop error 0xD1 in Windows 8
- 2963168 0x80246007 error when you click "try again" in Windows Store in Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012
- 2965710 Application freezes when it uses the .NET Framework 4.0 in Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012
- 2963861 Access denied when you try to lock a volume in maintenance mode in Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows Server 2012
- 2964090 DNS queries fail on a secondary DNS server that is running Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows Server 2012
- 2964436 Files under SharePoint path cannot be copied to another computer by using a Robocopy command in Windows 8.1 or Windows 8
- 2965350 Shared printer name displays incorrectly in Windows
- 2964442 Hidden file attribute is copied when you run the Robocopy command together with the NoDCopy option in Windows
How to obtain the update
Windows UpdateThis update is provided as an Important update from Windows Update. To obtain this update from Windows Update, follow these steps:
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.
- Tap or click Settings.
- In the search box, type Windows Update.
- Tap or click Install optional updates.
Microsoft Download Center You can also obtain the stand-alone update package through the Microsoft Download Center.
|All supported x86-based versions of Windows 8||Download the update package now.|
|All supported x64-based versions of Windows 8||Download the update package now.|
|All supported x64-based versions of Windows Server 2012||Download the update package now.|
Note The update for Windows RT can be obtained only from Windows Update.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must be running Windows RT, Windows 8, or Windows Server 2012.
Restart informationYou must restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace any previously released update.
For more information about Windows Update, go to the following Microsoft websites:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates