Issues that the update fixesThe update resolves the following issues:
- 2963364 Update adds the ability to select the video camera device in Lync for Mac 2011
- 2963362 Slow screen updates during application sharing or desktop sharing session in Lync for Mac 2011
- 2963358 Media quality report is unavailable in the QoE report for a call between Lync for Mac 2011 clients
- 2963356 Error "bad recipient" when a Lync for Mac 2011 user sends a meeting request email to a group in Outlook for Mac 2011
- 2963355 Audio stutters in a conversation or meeting in Lync for Mac 2011 every 20 to 30 seconds
- 2963354 Cannot join a meeting as an anonymous user in a non-federated domain in Lync for Mac 2011
- 2963349 Error "credentials incorrect" and "Lync Server cannot access" when you sign in to Lync for Mac 2011 by using NTLM authentication
- 2963347 Client policy does not block URLs sent by Lync for Mac 2011
- 2963346 PSTN dial-in user is not displayed in the Lync Online meeting roster created by a Lync for Mac 2011 user
- 2963334 Update implements Enhanced 911 in Microsoft Lync for Mac 2011
- 2963333 Update displays error "contact list is ready-only" when a UCS enabled user manipulates contact list in Lync for Mac 2011
- 2963332 "You cannot receive the file" error message when users send or receive files in a peer-to-peer conversation in Lync for Mac 2011
PrerequisitesBefore you install the Lync for Mac 2011 14.0.9 update, you must uninstall any version of Lync for Mac 2011 that is earlier than Lync for Mac 2011 14.0.4 from your computer. Additionally, make sure that the computer is running Mac OS X 10.5 or a later version of the Mac OS X operating system.
To verify that the computer meets the operating system version prerequisites, click About This Mac on the Apple menu.
To determine which version of Lync for Mac 2011 is installed on your computer, follow these steps:
- On the Go menu, click Applications.
- Start Lync for Mac 2011.
- On the Lync menu, click About Lync.
Restart requirementAfter you install the Lync for Mac 2011 14.0.9 update, we suggest that you restart the computer before you sign in to Lync for Mac 2011 14.0.9.
Download the Microsoft Lync for Mac 2011 14.0.9 package now.
Release Date: June 2014
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
For more information about resources for Lync for Mac 2011, visit the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2963369 - Last Review: Jun 9, 2014 - Revision: 1