- You enable cookie sharing across array members in Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010.
- You publish websites through Forefront TMG 2010.
In the scenario, existing clients that already have an authentication cookie may be unable to access published resources and may receive the following error message:
Note This problem mainly affects Exchange ActiveSync users when their mobile device keeps using the old cookie until the device is restarted or cleared by the server.
- Open the Forefront TMG Management console, and then click Firewall Policy.
- On the Toolbox tab in the right-side pane, expand Network Objects.
- Expand Web Listeners, right-click the listener that was used to publish the problem websites, and then click Properties.
- On the Forms tab, click Advanced.
- In the Cookie Name field, type a different cookie name such as cadata2.
Note By default, this field is blank, and the default cookie name that is used is cadata.
- Click OK, and then click OK again to exit the dialog boxes.
- Click Apply to save the changes.
Or, ask the clients to restart their mobile device or to close all instances of their browsers. This clears the old cookie.