Improvements and fixesThis update also contains fixes for the following nonsecurity issues:
- When you edit an Excel Workbook in Excel Web App, managed metadata such as enterprise keywords is lost.
- Localizes some strings for the UI for Office Web App Server 2013 applications because Bing Image Search replaces Office.com Clip Art when you insert online pictures.
- Translations of some terms are improved in multiple languages to make sure of accurate meaning.
- For individual, small business, and organizational users, use the Windows automatic updating feature to install the fixes from Microsoft Update. To do this, see Get security updates automatically on the Microsoft Safety and Security Center website.
- For IT professionals, see Microsoft Security Bulletin MS15-033 on the Security TechCenter website.
How to obtain help and support for this security updateHelp installing updates: Support for Microsoft Update
Security solutions for IT professionals: TechNet Security Troubleshooting and Support
Help protect your Windows-based computer from viruses and malware: Virus Solution and Security Center
Local support according to your country: International Support
Prerequisites to apply this security updateTo install this security update for Office Web Apps Server 2013 Service Pack 1, you must first install update 2949660.
Restart informationYou may have to restart the computer after you install this security update.
In some cases, this update does not require a restart. If the required files are being used, this update will require a restart. If this behavior occurs, a message is displayed that advises you to restart the computer.
To help reduce the possibility that a restart will be required, stop all affected services and close all applications that may use the affected files before you install this security update.
Learn about why you may be prompted to restart your computer after you install a security update on a Windows-based computer.
Security update replacement informationThis security update replaces update 2956158.
Removal informationNote We do not recommend that you remove any security update.
To remove this security update, use the Add or Remove Programs item or use the Programs and Features item in Control Panel.
Note When you remove this security update, you may be prompted to insert the disc that contains Microsoft Office. Additionally, you may not have the option to uninstall this security update from the Add or Remove Programs item or the Programs and Features item in Control Panel. There are several possible causes of this issue.
Learn about the ability to uninstall Office updates .
Article ID: 2965306 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 3