This update resolves vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office that could allow remote code execution when an Office file that is located in the same network directory as a specially crafted library file is opened.
Improvements and fixesThis update also contains fixes for the following nonsecurity issues:
- When you print a document that has more than one paper size in Microsoft Word 2013, some papers are printed in an incorrect page size.
- When you use the Range.GoTo method in a macro to advance to the next page repeatedly in a document in Word 2013, the method returns an empty range and does not retrieve all pages in sequence.
- Assume that you start mail merge for a document that contains a numbered list in Word 2013. You merge the letters to a new document. Then, you save the merged document in a newer format (such as .docx). After you close and reopen this document, the numbered lists are numbered consecutively throughout the document instead of restarting numbering for each merged item.
- Assume that you right-click and then drag a file to a document in Word 2013 or a message in Outlook 2013 in Windows 8 or a later version of Windows. In this situation, no option is provided for the operation and nothing happens
- When you drag a picture from an unprotected section to a protected section in a document in Word 2013, Word 2013 crashes.
- You cannot disable the Print Options button in the Page Setup dialog box or the Trust Center Settings button in the Word Option dialog box.
- If a multipage document has protected form fields, you cannot browse through the document by using the Previous Page and Next Page buttons in print preview.
- When you open a document that contains fields in placeholder text in a content control, the fields are not updated automatically. This issue occurs even if you enter design mode.
- In Word 2013, when you open a document whose header or footer contains a table, the content of vertical cells inside the table is not rendered.
- Assume that you compare documents that contain a table of contents in Word 2013. Then, you save the compared document. When you reopen the document, the document does not match the comparison result as it was displayed before you saved. In this situation, items in the document may be missing or added as you add or delete sections.
- When a text that contains an interpunct is copied from Microsoft Word 2013 and then pasted into Word as a plain text, the interpunct changes to a bullet character unexpectedly.
Microsoft has released security bulletin MS15-046. Learn more about how to obtain the fixes that are included in this security bulletin:
- For individual, small business, and organizational users, use the Windows automatic updating feature to install the fixes from Microsoft Update. To do this, see Get security updates automatically on the Microsoft Safety and Security Center website.
- For IT professionals, see Microsoft Security Bulletin MS15-046 on the Security TechCenter website.
How to obtain help and support for this security updateHelp installing updates: Support for Microsoft Update
Security solutions for IT professionals: TechNet Security Troubleshooting and Support
Help protect your Windows-based computer from viruses and malware: Virus Solution and Security Center
Local support according to your country: International Support
Restart informationYou may have to restart the computer after you install this security update.
In some cases, this update does not require a restart. If the required files are being used, this update will require a restart. If this behavior occurs, a message is displayed that advises you to restart the computer.
To help reduce the possibility that a restart will be required, stop all affected services and close all applications that may use the affected files before you install this security update.
Learn about why you may be prompted to restart your computer after you install a security update on a Windows-based computer.
Removal informationNote We do not recommend that you remove any security update.
To remove this security update, use the Add or Remove Programs item or use the Programs and Features item in Control Panel.
Note When you remove this security update, you may be prompted to insert the disc that contains Microsoft Office. Additionally, you may not have the option to uninstall this security update from the Add or Remove Programs item or the Programs and Features item in Control Panel. There are several possible causes of this issue.
Learn about the ability to uninstall Office updates .