Issues that are fixed in this update rollup
Virtual Machine Manager
- A host refresh does not update the VMHostGroup value of a VMWARE cluster after the cluster is moved from VCENTER.
- A service reconfiguration does not finish when the servicing generic command executable (GCE) has an application payload.
Known issues for this update
- You cannot apply this update to a computer that is running Update Rollup 1 for System Center 2012 SP1. In order to install Update Rollup 7 for System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager SP1, you have to uninstall Update Rollup 1 for System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager SP1. For more information, see the System Center Engineering blog at the following Microsoft Technet website:
Note There are no other known issues when you apply Update Rollup 7 to a system that is running Update Rollup 2 or later updates for System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager SP1.
How to obtain and install Update Rollup 7 for System Center 2012 for Virtual Machine Manager SP1
Download informationUpdate packages for Virtual Machine Manager are available from Microsoft Update or by manual download.
Microsoft UpdateTo obtain and install an update package from Microsoft Update, follow these steps on a computer that has an applicable System Center 2012 R2 component installed:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check Online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Click Important updates are available.
- Select the Update Rollup packages that you want to install, and then click OK.
- To install the selected update packages, click Install updates.
Manual download of the update packagesGo to the following website to manually download the update packages from the Microsoft Update Catalog:
Installation instructionsTo manually install the update packages, run the following command from an elevated command prompt:
msiexec.exe /update packagename
msiexec.exe /update KB2965410_vmmServer.msp
Uninstallation instructionsTo uninstall this update rollup, use the Programs and Features item in Control Panel.
Important Uninstalling the Update Rollup 7 VMM Server package deletes the registry key value "VmmID" under the following registry subkey:
Therefore, you should back up the "VmmID" registry key before you uninstall this update rollup. After you uninstall the update rollup, you should restore the registry subkey.