Consider the following scenario:
- You have a computer that is running Windows RT 8.1 or Windows 8.1 and that contains a current user account.
- The default setting for the initial screen is changed so that the Store applications that are usually pinned to the taskbar are missing, and the power button no longer appears on the Start screen.
- You use the Push-Button Reset (PBR) feature to refresh the system.
This issue occurs because some settingsare not migrated correctly when you use the PBR feature to refresh the system.
To resolve this issue, install update rollup 2962409. For more information about how to obtain this update rollup package, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2962409 Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2 update rollup: June 2014
To work around this issue, follow these steps:
- Open the properties of Taskbar and Navigation.
- On the Navigation tab, clear the When I sign in or close all apps on a screen, go to the desktop instead of Start check box.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 2966039 - Last Review: Aug 5, 2014 - Revision: 1
Windows 8.1 Enterprise, Windows 8.1 Pro, Windows 8.1, Windows RT 8.1