How to Export from Lotus Organizer 6.0Export the data from Lotus Organizer as an ASCII text file in the Text – ASCII Delimited (.txt) format. You must either have Lotus Organizer 6.0 installed on the same computer with Outlook, or have access to a computer that contains Lotus Organizer 6.0. You can then copy the exported data file to a computer with Outlook installed so that the data file can be imported to Outlook. For more information about how to export from your version of Lotus, view the following Lotus Web site:
- Start Organizer, and then click the Contacts tab.
- On the File menu, select Export.
- In the Look in drop-down box, select a location to save your exported file.
- In the Filename box, name the data file, and then click Export.
How to Import into Outlook
- Start Outlook.
- On the File menu, click Import and Export.
- In the Import and Export Wizard dialog box, click Import from another program or file, and then click Next.
- Click Tab Separated Values (Windows), and then click Next.
- In the File to import box, click Browse, and locate the saved (exported) Organizer data file. After you locate the saved data file, click the file, and then click OK.
- In the Options box, click Allow duplicates to be created, and then click Next.
- Select the destination folder to which you want to import to, and then click Next.
- In the Import a file dialog box, click to select the check box that describes the import action in the The following actions will be performed box. If the Map Custom Fields dialog box disappears by clicking the check box that describes the import action in the The following actions will be performed box, click Map Custom Fields.
- In the Map Custom Fields dialog box, click each item in the Value column individually from the left window, and then drag it to the field in the Field column on the right window. Note that some data items from the left window do not match up to the predefined Outlook fields, and you need to drag them to one of the user defined fields or other unused field of your choice in the right window.
- Click OK, and then click Finish.
Three different Outlook Converters are supplied for the different versions of Lotus Organizer, one for versions 97 (3.0), one for version 4.0, and one for version 5.0. None of the three supplied converters supports Lotus Organizer 6.0 files. When you use Lotus Organizer 6.0 or higher, it is necessary to export the data from Lotus Organizer to a .csv file . You can then import the .csv file into Outlook. Note that it is necessary to correctly map the data fields in the .csv file to the proper Outlook Contact fields by using the Field Mapper.
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.
Article ID: 297129 - Last Review: Jun 19, 2009 - Revision: 1