- Download the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013, which is the latest supported Visual C++ redistributable package for Visual Studio 2013.
- Download Multibyte MFC Library for Visual Studio 2013. This add-on for Visual Studio 2013 contains the multibyte character set (MBCS) version of the Microsoft Foundation Class (MFC) Library.
- Download Visual C++ 2013 Runtime for Sideloaded Windows 8.1 apps.
- Download the Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1 (Installer), which is the latest supported Visual C++ service pack for Visual Studio 2010.
Note This web installer downloads and installs Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1. An Internet connection is required during installation. This installer is for all editions of Visual Studio 2010 (Express, Professional, Premium, Ultimate, and Test Professional).
- Download the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update, which is the latest supported Visual C++ redistributable package update for Visual Studio 2010.
- Download the Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1 (Installer), which is the latest supported Visual C++ service pack for Visual Studio 2008.
Note This download installs Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1 and Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1. SP1 addresses issues that were found through a combination of customer feedback, partner feedback and internal testing. These service packs offer Visual Studio and .NET Framework users improvements for responsiveness, stability and performance.
- Download the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update, which is the latest supported Visual C++ redistributable package update for Visual Studio 2008.
Visual C++ Redistributable Packages install runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries on a computer that does not have Visual C++ installed. The libraries are required to run applications that are developed by using the corresponding version of Visual C++.
These packages install runtime components of C Runtime (CRT), Standard C++, ATL, MFC, OpenMP and MSDIA libraries. For libraries that support side-by-side deployment models (CRT, SCL, ATL, MFC, OpenMP), they are installed into the native assembly cache, also known as the WinSxS folder, on versions of Windows operating systems that support side-by-side assemblies.
A security issue was identified. This issue leads to MFC application vulnerability in your Windows-based system with the Visual C++ Redist. The MFC Security Update packages in this article have the most current redistributable files for Visual Studio.
Article ID: 2977003 - Last Review: Sep 21, 2016 - Revision: 1