- Home users:
Skip the details: Download the updates for your home computer or laptop from the Microsoft Update website now:
- IT professionals:
How to obtain help and support for this security updateHelp installing updates: Support for Microsoft Update
Security solutions for IT professionals:
TechNet Security Support and Troubleshooting
Help protect your Windows-based computer from viruses and malware: Virus and Security Solution Center
Local support according to your country:
Known issues with this security update
- If you install Cumulative Update 1 (CU1) or CU2 for SQL Server 2014 after you install this security update, the patch for Master Data Services will be removed, and Master Data Services will be vulnerable again. To correct that, you must reinstall the QFE package from this article (security update 2977315) or any cumulative update build whose version is later than 12.0.2381.0.
Removal informationTo remove this software update for MDS, follow these steps:
- Back up the MDS database.
- Remove the MDS component.
- Reinstall the MDS component.
- Apply any necessary SQL Server service packs or service updates to bring MDS to its pre-security update version.
Article ID: 2977315 - Last Review: Aug 22, 2014 - Revision: 1