Please be aware that the update in Download Center does not apply to Microsoft Office 365 editions such as Office 365 Home.
- Outlook 2013 may be unable to connect to an Exchange server by using the MAPI over HTTP protocol.
- When you send an email message that contains a large attachment by using Outlook 2013, Outlook may stop responding.
Windows UpdateUse Windows Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center. The updates in the Download Center cannot be installed on Office Home and Student 2013 RT.
- Download update KB2986204 for 32-bit version of Outlook 2013
- Download update KB2986204 for 64-bit version of Outlook 2013
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to go to the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Restart informationYou do not have to restart the computer after you install this update.
How to determine whether your Office installation is Click-to-Run or .msi-based:
- Start Outlook 2013.
- On the File menu, click Account.
- For Office 2013 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item is not displayed.
|Office 2013 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2013|
Article ID: 2986204 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 2