Another connection was established to the console of this machine
The virtual machine has been shut down or put into the saved state
The user credentials provided do not have the necessary privilege to connect
If the failure persists after you verify the potential reasons that are stated in the error message, the failure might, instead, occur because members of the Administrator or Self-Service user roles have unresolvable domain accounts, as represented by security identifiers (SIDs).
- Open the VMM console.
- In the Settings workspace. Click Security, and then click User Roles.
- Select the Administrator user role.
- On the ribbon bar, click Properties on the Home tab.
- In the Administrator Properties dialog box, click Members
- Browse through the list of users. Remove any users that do not resolve to a domain account and that show only a SID.
- Repeat steps 3 through 6 for any additional User Roles.
- After the SIDs are removed from each user role, an update to the VMConnectAccess permissions has to be pushed out by VMM. To trigger this event, change the access for a virtual machine. To do this, follow these steps:
- Select a virtual machine, and then click Properties.
- In the Properties dialog box, click the Access tab.
- In the Self-Service Owner field, enter a different user account, and then click OK.
- Verify that the job completed successfully.
- Revert access to the original user account.
- Verify that the self-service user can now open a console session to their virtual machine.