Issues that are fixed in this update rollup
- The Health Service bouncing that is caused by high memory usage in the MonitoringHost process.
- This update includes a fix to prevent resynchronization of all managed entities from the Operations Manager to the Operations Manager Data Warehouse (OMDW) database and to prevent the failure to sync that this causes because of duplicate entries. The duplicate entries cause the following exception to occur:Description:
Data was written to the Data Warehouse staging area but processing failed on one of the successive operations.
Exception 'SqlException': Sql execution failed. Error 2627, Level 14, State 1, Procedure ManagedEntityChange, Line 367, Message: Violation of UNIQUE KEY constraint 'UN_ManagedEntityProperty_ManagedEntityRowIdFromDAteTime'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.ManagedEntityProperty'.
- The import of Visualization.component.library and Visualization.library binary files (.mpb) fails. The import succeeds on a successive try.
- System Center Operations Manager agents randomly time out when authenticating to the Gateway or Management Server because of domain controller or network performance issues. The time-out value was set to 1 second earlier. A fix was made to increase server time out to-20 seconds and client time out to 5 minutes.
For issues that were fixed in previous update rollups that are included in this rollup, see the following articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Update Rollup 7 for System Center 2012 Operations Manager Service Pack 1
- Description of Update Rollup 6 for System Center 2012 Operations Manager Service Pack 1
- System Center 2012 Operations Manager SP1 Update Rollup 5
- Description of Update Rollup 4 for System Center 2012 Operations Manager Service Pack 1
- Update Rollup 3 for Operations Manager 2012 SP1
- Description of Update Rollup 2 for System Center 2012 Service Pack 1
- Description of Update Rollup 1 for System Center 2012 Service Pack 1
Supported operating systemsThe following new Linux operating system version is supported:
|Operating system||Management pack|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 (x64)||New Microsoft.Linux.RHEL.7.mpb|
How to obtain and install Update Rollup 8 for System Center 2012 Service Pack 1
Download informationThe update packages for Operations Manager are available from Microsoft Update or by manual download.
Microsoft UpdateTo obtain and install an update package from Microsoft Update, follow these steps on a computer that has an applicable System Center 2012 SP1 component installed:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check Online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Click Important updates are available.
- Select the Update Rollup package, and then click OK.
- Click Install updates to install the update package.
Manual download of the update packageThe following file is available for manual download from the Microsoft Update Catalog:
Article ID: 2991997 - Last Review: Oct 29, 2014 - Revision: 1