Issues that are fixed in this update rollup
Windows Azure Pack
- If tenant has a database that uses Windows Authentication, the administrator cannot suspend its subscription.
This issue lets tenants continue to sue all SQL database resources. Also. the subscription state is changed. At this point, if the administrator tries to suspend the subscription, its state changes from "Active" to "Suspended (Out of Sync)." The Suspend subscription operation always fails with following error message:One or more errors occurred while contacting the underlying resource providers. The operation may be partially completed. Details: Cannot alter the login 'userlogin', because it does not exist or you do not have permission.
With this update, the administrator can suspend a subscription that contains a database that uses Windows Authentication.
- The tenant cannot connect to a database if the hosting server is set up for AlwaysOn but the SQL Server Contained Database feature is turned off.
The tenant always receives an error when it tries to connect to the database when these conditions are present.
The tenant will receive an error message when it creates a database in which this misconfiguration exists. The error message tells the user that the particular misconfiguration exists.An instance of SQL Server does not have Contained Database Support enabled. Contained Database Support needs to be enabled when creating High Availability - AlwaysOn Database 'DatabaseName'
Also, when administrators try to add a hosting server that uses the wrong configuration, they will receive the following message:The AlwaysOn listener 'AlwaysOnListener' does not have Contained Authentication enabled, please enable Contained Authentication, before adding this listener.
- For virtual machine (VM) templates that contains multiple NICs and are not all connected to a network, the VM creation UI will not let the user select any of the available networks. Instead, each network adapter seems to be associated with a specific network.
The UI dropdown lists will behave so that each network adapter is exclusively associated with a specific network.
The user can freely select any available network for the specified NICs in the VM template.
- Administrators cannot control the naming convention for "Computer Names" of VMs that are provisioned through their VM templates.
When a tenant creates a VM, the name that is passed for the VM is used to derive the "Computer Name" of the VM, and the administrator-provided name in the VM template is ignored.
Administrators can control whether the tenant-supplied name should overwrite the name that is provided in a VM template. They can do this through a plan configuration flag for the Service Provider Foundation (SPF) resource provider.
- In Azure Pack Web Sites, tenants cannot use virtual directories because this is not supported by the Azure Pack UI.
Tenants do not have access to a feature that lets them implement virtual directories for their Windows Azure Pack (WAP) Web Sites.
Support for this feature is available with this update. The tenant can use the Web Sites Settings page to add directories as needed.
- Virtual machines that are provisioned through WAP do not have Disaster Recovery (DR) protection or cannot enable DR.
Administrators cannot specify whether the VMS that are provisioned through their plans can be protected from disastrous events. Tenants do not have an option to subscribe to a provider plan that supports DR.
Support for this feature is available with this update. Administrators can enable DR that is supported through Azure Site Recovery for any plans as long as the Azure Site Recovery (ASR) infrastructure is deployed. Specific instructions are linked to the check box label that is used to enable the feature.
- Security: This update addresses several security fixes. Among these is the issue of Microsoft ASP.NET MVC Security Update MS14-059 (KB2990942) breaking Azure Pack PowerShell modules.
After the administrator installs MVC Security Update 2990942, all Azure Pack PowerShell commands return the following exemption:Method not found: 'Void Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.DefaultContractResolver.set_IgnoreSerializableAttribute(Boolean)
After Azure Pack Update Rollup 4 (KB2992027) is installed, the administrator can install MVC Security Update 2990942 without problems.
Important The resolution of the security fixes requires running a script to change the database. See step 5 of the installation instructions.
How to obtain and install Update Rollup 4 for Windows Azure Pack
Download informationUpdate packages for Windows Azure Pack are available from Microsoft Update or by manual download.
To obtain and install an update package from Microsoft Update, follow these steps on a computer that has an applicable Windows Azure Pack component installed:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check Online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Click Important updates are available.
- Select the Update Rollup package, and then click OK.
- Click Install updates to install the update package.
The following file is available for manual download from the Microsoft Update Catalog:
Article ID: 2992027 - Last Review: Oct 29, 2014 - Revision: 1