- You are using Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 or Microsoft Office 365.
- You have two users, User A and User B.
- User A’s mailbox is put on a litigation hold or an in-place hold.
- User B’s mailbox is not put on a litigation hold or an in-place hold.
- User A designates User B as a delegate to User A's mailbox.
- User B uses Outlook Web App to access User A’s mailbox. Then, User B deletes a folder from User A’s mailbox or moves the folder to User B’s mailbox.
Non-delegated scenarios, in which one user is the sole owner of a mailbox, are not affected by this issue. Additionally, this problem does not occur in the Outlook client.
- Put a hold on all users who are participating in delegated scenarios.
- Disable Outlook Web App for users who have delegated access to their mailbox.
Article ID: 2996477 - Last Review: Jan 16, 2015 - Revision: 1