Consider the following scenario:
- You have a computer that is running Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2.
- You install an out-of-box Canon multifunction printer (MFP) driver by using USB connection type on the computer.
- You connect the printer to the computer through a USB cable.
- You change the printer mode from UFR II to UFRII LT XPS in the printer settings, and then power cycle the printer.
- You unplug the connected USB cable from the computer, and then restart the computer.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Connect the printer to the computer through USB, and then turn on the printer.
- Open Devices and Printers in Control Panel.
- Right-click all the associated printer icons, and then click Remove device.
- Install update rollup 2995388.
- Restart the computer.
For more information about how to obtain this update rollup package, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2995388 October 2014 update rollup for Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates