To fix this issue, delete the Assist subkey from the registry. To do this, follow these steps:
- Exit Outlook.
- Start Registry Editor. To do this, use one of the following procedures, as appropriate for your situation:
- Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 8: Press Windows Key + R to open a Run dialog box. Type regedit.exe and then press OK.
- Windows 7 or Windows Vista: Click Start, type regedit.exe in the search box, and then press Enter.
- Locate and then click the following subkey:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Word\Options\Assist
- Right-click the Assist key, and then click Delete.
- When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
- On the File menu, click Exit to exit Registry Editor.
Article ID: 2998218 - Last Review: Jan 13, 2016 - Revision: 1