Changes in Cumulative Update 3Changes to supported client operating systems include the following:
- Adds support for Debian Linux 7 (x86/x64)
- Adds support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 (x64)
- Adds support for Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 (x64)
- Adds support for CentOS Linux 7 (x64)
Issues that are fixed in Cumulative Update 3
Unix and Linux clients
- When you use the -keepdb option on a fresh install, no data store is created.
- Custom Paths in Open Management Infrastructure (OMI) installation cause certificate regeneration.
- Agent always executes full policy request at program initialization.
- Solaris 11.1 Sparc cannot find the SUNopenssl-libraries package during installation, and you receive the following error message:Checking Prerequisites …
ERROR: information for “SUNWopenssl-libraries” was not found
Unable to locate required package: SUNWopenssl-libraries
Please install the package prior to proceeding
- The HardwareID field is not unique on Linux when the same VHD is used.
- Configuration Manager Client does not respect Active Directory site boundaries.
- Installation does not honor the TMPDIR variable.
- The LastBootTime property in AIX to HP-UX is not reported.
- Configuration Manager Client uses excessive CPU resources. (This issue occurs only rarely.)
How to obtain Cumulative Update 3 for System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager Clients for Linux and UNIX
Download informationCumulative Update 3 for System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager Clients for Linux and UNIX is available from the Microsoft Download Center:
Information about how to upgrade UNIX and Linux clients can be found here.
Restart informationYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Note We recommend that you close the Configuration Manager Administrator Console before you install this update.
Update replacement informationThis update replaces all previously released updates.
How to determine the installation of this cumulative updateThis cumulative update changes the following Configuration Manager version number.
The version that's displayed in the About System Center Configuration Manager dialog box is 5.00.7958.1060.
The client version number can displayed by running the following command:
The version number should be 5.00.7958.1060.
New cumulative update servicing model for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
Learn about the terminology that Microsoft uses to describe software updates.
Article ID: 2998616 - Last Review: Apr 26, 2017 - Revision: 2