- You installed a later version of Internet Explorer than version 5.01.
- You installed a Windows 2000 service pack.
- You selected the option to save the uninstall information when you installed the service pack.
Method 1Remove the Windows 2000 service pack. After you do this, the option to remove Internet Explorer appears in the Add/Remove Programs tool.
Method 2If you cannot remove the service pack or if the option to remove Internet Explorer does not appear in the Add/Remove Programs tool, perform an in-place upgrade of Windows 2000, and then reinstall the latest Windows 2000 service pack and the latest version of Internet Explorer.
To perform an in-place upgrade, follow these steps:
- Insert the Windows 2000 CD into your computer's CD-ROM drive or DVD-ROM drive.
- In the CD Autorun dialog box, click Install Windows 2000.
- In the Windows 2000 Setup dialog box, click Upgrade to Windows 2000 (Recommended), and then follow the instructions on the screen to reinstall Windows 2000.
Updated Versions of Internet Explorer Not Listed in Add/Remove Programs
Windows 2000 Service Pack 2 Does Not Appear in Add/Remove Programs List
Article ID: 299907 - Last Review: Oct 30, 2006 - Revision: 1