The cluster service usually sends a termination request to a resource to perform a failover.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Configure the SQL Server resource so that it cannot connect successfully; for instance, configure it to use a port that is already in use.
- Start the SQL Server resource so that it remains in an "online pending" state.
- Perform a failover to another node.
- Fail the SQL Server group back to the original node.
- The cluster will fail repeatedly until the cluster service is restarted.
Article ID: 300183 - Last Review: Jun 13, 2008 - Revision: 1