The Auto-Complete list is stored in the mailbox on the server that is running Microsoft Exchange Server. Therefore, the user may experience the problem that is mentioned in the "Symptoms" section on multiple computers.
- Open Outlook.
- On the File Tab, click Options.
- Click the Mail tab.
- In the Send Messages area, click Empty Auto-Complete List.
- Click Yes.
Method 2Start Outlook by using the /CleanAutoCompleteCache switch. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- Type the following command, and then click OK.Note If Outlook isn't installed in the default location, you must point to the path of Outlook.exe.
Troubleshooting: Clear server-side cacheIf these methods don't resolve the issue, first clear the server-side cache by loading Outlook in online mode. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu, click Account Settings.
- On the E-mail tab, click the Exchange Server account, and then click Change.
- Under Microsoft Exchange server (UI), clear the Use Cached Exchange Mode check box.
- Restart Outlook, and then clear the cache by following the steps in either Method 1 or Method 2.
Other issuesIf you can't turn on Cached Exchange mode, one or more of the following conditions may exist:
- You don't have an Exchange email account in Outlook profile. This feature requires that your Outlook profile contains an Exchange account.
- Your Exchange administrator may have disabled this functionality. Exchange administrators can disable this feature in Outlook. For more information, contact your Exchange administrator. More information for administrators is available in the Microsoft Office Resource Kit.
- You have installed Microsoft Terminal Services. The Cached Exchange mode uses an Offline Folders file (.ost). This file cannot be used if you have installed Microsoft Terminal Services for Windows Server 2003 or Microsoft Terminal Services for Windows Server 2000. However, an installation of the Terminal Services client or the Remote Desktop Connection client doesn't prevent access to this feature.