When you request a certificate from a Web page through a Web proxy, you may receive the following error messages:
- Your request failed. An error occurred while the server was processing your request.
Contact your administrator for further assistance.Access is denied. 0x80070005 (WIN32: 5)
COM Error Info:
CCertRequest::Submit Access is denied. 0x80070005 (WIN32: 5)
The operation completed successfully. 0x0 (0)
The Certification Authority Service has not been started.
This problem can occur if the computer account for the server on which the Web Proxy service is hosted has not been authorized for delegation.
To resolve this problem, on a domain controller (DC) or workstation with the Active Directory administrative tools installed, enable the Web proxy's computer account for delegation:
- Log on as a domain administrator or equivalent account.
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Active Directory Users and Computers.
- In the left pane, locate the container or organizational unit (OU) on which you want to enable delegation.
- Right-click the computer account name, and then click Properties.
- On the General tab, click Trust computer for delegation.
- Click OK.
- Quit Active Directory Users and Computers.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.