The partner program administrator assigns Visual Studio Online subscriptions to employees through the Partner Membership Center. If you are a program administrator and need help assigning users to Visual Studio Online subscriptions, please refer to the Program Administrator Guide. You can also see this article for step-by-step instructions: Assign Visual Studio Online subscription access and privileges.
Only those employees who have activated their Visual Studio Online subscriptions are eligible to use the software. You cannot assign more subscriptions than your organization has earned through its Microsoft Partner Network benefits.
How to activate your Visual Studio Online subscription:
Follow these steps to activate your Visual Studio Online subscription:
- Check that you have been assigned a subscription by visiting the Visual Studio Online subscriptions tab on the Individual Account Home at the Partner Membership Center. Check the spelling of your first and last name and your email address, because you must type these in to match what is listed on your individual profile. Also make note of the Technical ID listed next to your name.
- Go to the Activate My Subscription page and enter your first name, last name, email address, and Visual Studio Online subscriber ID (using the partner technical ID from your profile). If you receive an error, it could be because your subscription was recently assigned and is not yet ready for activation—just return the next day to activate. Otherwise, you should check that your name, email address, and subscriber ID match what is listed on your individual profile. If you continue to receive an error, contact the Microsoft Partner Network support team.
Note: only members with an active subscription are entitled to use the software. If you are using Visual Studio 2013 editions (Professional, Premium, Ultimate), you are required to login with your Visual Studio Online credentials at least once every 30 days or your copy of Visual Studio will downgrade to a trial copy. Sharing sign-in credentials is prohibited.
- Activate your Visual Studio Online subscription
- Access Visual Studio Online subscriber downloads (for subscribers only)
- Assign Visual Studio Online subscription access and privileges
- Consult the Visual Studio and the licensing white paper for additional details about your subscription benefits
- Manage your Visual Studio Online subscriptions
- Get answers to Partner software licensing benefits FAQ
- Find information about competency software license benefits
- Unable to assign Visual Studio Online subscriptions to new users
Article ID: 3011409 - Last Review: Feb 2, 2017 - Revision: 4