Consider the following scenario:
- You browse to the Sites.aspx page in Microsoft SharePoint Online by clicking Sites in the Microsoft Office 365 admin center.
- You click your profile picture and then click Personalize this Page.
- You click Add a Web Part, select My Tasks, and then click Add. (After the Web Part is added to the page, you don’t have the option to save your changes.)
- You browse to the Sites.aspx page.
To resolve the issue, remove the My Tasks Web Part from the page. To do this, follow these steps:
- Browse to the Sites.aspx page to which you added the My Tasks Web Part.
- Add the following string to the end of the URL: ?contents=1
- Click to select the check box next to My Tasks, and then click Delete.
- Click OK.
This issue occurs because editing the Sites.aspx page isn't supported.
Article ID: 3013074 - Last Review: Dec 20, 2016 - Revision: 1
Microsoft SharePoint Online