How to obtain this updateMicrosoft Download Center
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center.
Download the package now.
Release Date: November 10, 2014
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
Update replacement informationThis update replaces any previously released update.
Changes and improvements
- Enables the EMET service to log EMET configuration when the service is started.
- Resolves a potential race condition in the Mandatory ASLR mitigation.
- Addresses an issue in which some mitigations stop working if EAF is disabled.
- Addresses errors that occur if EMET is not installed in the default folder.
- Improves and hardens several mitigations to make them more resilient to attacks and bypasses.
Application compatibility issues
- Addresses application compatibility issues between Certificate Trust and 64-bit Internet Explorer.
- Addresses application compatibility issues between EAF+ and several applications, such as Internet Explorer, Adobe Reader, Adobe Flash, and Mozilla Firefox.
- Addresses application compatibility issues that affect Internet Explorer Developer Tools and the Manage Add-ons feature.
- Improves EAF mitigation to address several application compatibility issues.
Configuration and deployment improvements
- Adds a default configuration for EAF+ for Google Chrome and Oracle Java 8.
- Adds the "Local Telemetry" feature that allows you to save memory dumps locally when a mitigation is triggered.
- Addresses an issue in which Group Policy settings in some circumstances are not applied correctly.
Article ID: 3015976 - Last Review: Nov 10, 2014 - Revision: 1