Issues that the update fixes
- Functionality in Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac
This update fixes an issue that causes a subscription to Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac to change from full retail license mode to trial mode.
- Functionality in Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011
This update fixes an issue that delays Outlook from reconnecting to the network after you resume a MacBook from sleep mode.
Download and install the update
PrerequisitesBefore you install the Office for Mac 2011 14.4.6 update, make sure that you have Office for Mac 2011 14.1.0 or a later version installed on your computer. Also, make sure that the computer is running Mac OS X v10.5.8 or a later version of the Mac OS X operating system.
To verify that the computer meets this prerequisite, click About This Mac on the Apple menu.
To verify that Office for Mac 2011 14.1.0 is installed on your computer, follow these steps:
- On the Go menu, click Applications.
- Open the Microsoft Office 2011 folder, and then start any Office application. (For example, start Microsoft Word).
- On the application menu, click About <application>.
- In the About <application> dialog box, note the version number that is displayed. The number should be 14.1.0 or a later version.
How to obtain the updateThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Microsoft Office for Mac 14.4.6 update package now.
Release Date: November 10, 2014
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to go to the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Updated filesFor a complete list of the files that this update adds or changes, double-click the update installer, and then click Show Files on the File menu.
NotesThe Office for Mac 14.4.6 update is also available from Microsoft AutoUpdate. AutoUpdate is a program that automatically keeps Microsoft software up-to-date.
To use AutoUpdate, start a Microsoft Office program. Then, click Check for Updates on the Help menu.
For more information about resources for Office for Mac 2011, go to the following Microsoft website: