Configure this property from inside your organization and allow EdgeSync to replicate the changes.
For example, add the following line to the EdgeTransport.exe.config file:
<add key="SafetyNetHoldTimeInterval" value="2.00:00:00" />Notes
- The minimum value for the SafetyNetHoldTime parameter is two days, and the maximum value is 10 days. If you set it lower than two days, the system will default back to seven days.
- Even though the change is applied through the EdgeTransport.exe.config file, if you run the Get-TransportConfig cmdlet in Exchange Management Shell, it still reflects seven days as the SafetyNetHoldTime parameter.
- To reduce the size of the mail.que file, make sure that you drain all the messages from the server, and then delete or re-create the Queue database. To do this, see the How to drain messages from the server section in this article.
How to drain messages from the server
- Pause the Microsoft Exchange Transport service to let the existing messages drain completely. No new messages will be accepted during this period.
- Stop the Microsoft Exchange Transport service.
- Delete all queue database files and transaction log files.
- Start the Microsoft Exchange Transport service.