Method 1: Extract Agentsvr.exe from the Cabinet File on the Office XP CD-ROM
- Open the \Files\OSP\1033 folder on the Office XP CD-ROM, and then double-click OSP1.cab.
- Locate and double-click Agentsvr.exe.
- When you are prompted to do so, browse to the Windows\Msagent folder, and then click the Save button.
Method 2: Reinstall System Files Update (Microsoft Windows 98 and Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Only)You can force a reinstallation of the System Files Update. This only applies to Windows 98 and Windows NT 4.0, because they are the only operating systems that require the System Files Update. To do this, follow these steps:
- Insert the Office XP CD-ROM into your computer's CD-ROM drive.
- Click Start, click Run, and then type the following in the Open box: path\Setup /spforcewhere path is the drive letter of your CD-ROM drive.
- Select Repair System Files Update, and then select Detect and Repair errors in the System Files Update installation.
Method 3: Download Agent Core ComponentsDownload and install the Agent Core Components from the following Microsoft Web site:
Article ID: 301990 - Last Review: Jan 31, 2007 - Revision: 1