You receive one of the following errors when you try to open a Microsoft Word document or Microsoft Excel spreadsheet from an external source:
Word experienced an error trying to open the file. Try the following suggestions:
- Check the file permissions for the document or drive.
- Make sure there is sufficient free memory and disk space.
- Open the file with the Text Recovery converter.
Microsoft Excel cannot open or save any more documents because there is not enough available memory or disk space.
- To make more memory available, close workbooks or programs you no longer need.
- To free disk space, delete files you no longer need from the disk you are saving to.
Note: This error can also occur in Microsoft PowerPoint.
This issue occurs if all the following conditions are true:
- The Windows Firewall service is not running.
- You are using Outlook on a Windows 8-based, Windows 8.1-based, or Windows Server 2012-based computer.
To resolve this issue, start the Windows Firewall service. To do this, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows logo key+R (to open the Run dialog box).
- Type services.msc, and then select OK.
- In the Services window, right-click Windows Firewall, and then select Start.