- Online submission portals
- Step by step: Using Access and Contract IDs to submit an on-premises / hybrid support request
- Azure Support using Access and Contract IDs
- Additional resources
This article explains how an Access ID and a Contract ID are used to submit on-premises professional support incidents online. The example used is for Microsoft Partner Network product support incidents. However, the workflow is very similar for Visual Studio and Software Assurance.
Online submission is convenient because you may submit a request anytime (24 hours a day, 7 days a week), avoid a phone menu and phone queue, find relevant self-help resources, and enter a detailed problem description, including attachments, to help solve your technical problem faster.
Access ID and Contract ID are used for professional on-premises and Microsoft Azure technical support requests.
MPN Partners, See 4020188 Technical Support for Microsoft Partners
A support contract is required when you have multiple professional support incidents. The contract is used to track the balance of available support incidents and expire the benefits after one year (MPN contracts 1 year+30 days). An Access ID and a Contract ID are required to uniquely identify your support contract and enable you to submit a support incident online. They are only entered once and then associated with your portal sign-in for future requests. To share your support benefits, simply share the Access ID and Contract ID (sharing sign-in and passwords is not recommended).
Online submission portals
Access ID and Contract ID
Any on-premises product
See step-by-step guidance below.
Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online
Office portal sign-in
MPN Partners see 4020188 Technical Support for Microsoft Partners
Azure subscription sign-in
MPN Partners see 4020188 Technical Support for Microsoft Partners
For Partners only
Any product + Partner specific support options
Microsoft Partner associated AAD sign-in required for MPN Program and Technical Presales and Deployment Services online submission.
Any user can use Chat for MPN Program requests
Required for On-premises and Azure
Note: Advisors and CSP for their own tenant use https://portal.azure.com, Help + Support, + New support request
To submit an on-premises or hybrid request online, you sign-in to the Online Assisted Support portal (aka.ms/OAS) using an MSA or AAD account, select product, version etc, add a description, then add \ select a support plan or Pay Per Incident (PPI)*.
Note: Due to a bug, Pay Per Incident is not currently available for an AAD sign-in, please use an MSA Sign-in eg Outlook.com for Pay Per Incident
Note: The support contract / support plan will not be displayed if:
- The support contract has expired (after 1 year + 30 days)
- There are no available support incidents
- The product version is not enabled for your support contract / support plan*
*Partner Core benefits eg Partner Support Gold 20Pack, Partner Support Silver 15Pack, Partner Support MAPS 10Pack are entitled for Cloud and recent versions of on-premises products, see aka.ms/n-1.
New On-Premises Support request
Important: Browser country is used to route the support incident. Scroll to the end of the page and if your country is not listed, select the nearest country with the relevant language. For example, if the URL has the locale EN-US it will route to a United States support team and the request will be worked during USA business hours and days. EN-US would not be suitable for English speaking customers outside USA time zones!
- The Online Assisted Support (OAS) workflow may be started from many different links on support.microsoft.com or directly via https://support.microsoft.com/assistedsupportproducts or use the quick link http://aka.ms/OAS. Select the product, version, category, problem and click Next.
- Please include a full and detailed description of the problem.
Note: You can ''Upload your files'' after the request is created.
- View the contracts associated with your Sign-in and select an existing support plan.
- Click Add contract to associate a new support contract to your current Sign-in. You will only need to enter the Access ID and Contract ID once because the support contract is associated with your sign-in and automatically available next time you use the workflow.
If you need to purchase a support incident click the Buy Now option and use a credit card to purchase support.
Note: Due to a bug, Pay Per Incident is not currently available for an AAD sign-in, please use an MSA Sign-in eg Outlook.com for Pay Per Incident.
For contract activation, please refer to Microsoft Partner Network Support contract activation - (Blank) Hours or Incidents.
If you see “An error occurred while attempting to add the specified support plan …” or there is no response to adding the Access ID and Contract ID. Please click Support requests, then Create a request to refresh the page without losing your product and description information. You may need to close the browser session and restart before the new support plan is displayed.
- Select the severity of the issue based on the business impact and if you will work during business hours only.
As a guideline
Severity A – you are prepared to work 24 hours a day 7 days a week and you have a critical business down production server, service or application
Severity B – you will work during business hours only and the issue has the potential to cause a company-wide work stoppage or you cannot deploy on scheduleSeverity C - you will work during business hours only and the issue will not cause a major company-wide work stoppage
Note: the Business hours are based on the browser country eg en-us is United States. Scroll to the end of the page and if your country is not listed, select the nearest country with the relevant language
- You have the option to add multiple contacts to the support request and change the primary contact.
- Review the support request.
- Click change to modify any items (eg Change the primary contact, severity).
- Click Submit to create your request.
Click View my support requests to see request that you have submitted.
Click the Title to view your request.
You have the option to Manage files, add New messages or view communications related to your request and add / change the primary contact.
- Create your Azure support incident via https://portal.azure.com.
- Make sure you use the appropriate sign-in for your customer’s subscription.
- Help +support
Select Help + Support, Support Plans, then link support benefits
Note: If you see the error message “This Access ID is already associated to an account. Please contact your Technical Account Manager to obtain a new Access ID.” For MPN benefits eg Partner Support or Signature Cloud support ignore the error. You see the error if you have already added the support contract to the tenant and you try to add a second time (a shared access ID is used, a per user access ID is not required). If you see the error and you are using Advanced Support for Partners or a Premier support contract, you need to contact your Account Manager and they can create a personal Access ID for authorised users.
- Click the New support request tile.
- Select Issue type eg Technical, Subscription, and Service. Support plan will display any Support benefit you previously added via Link support contract. CSP select the Cloud Solution Provider support plan.
Note: Competency Partners should use their Partner Signature benefit. Action pack partners or hybrid competency partners who have used all their Signature 5pack or 10pack should use their Partner Support benefit (Partner support Gold 20pack, Silver 15pack or MAPS 10pack)
- Click Help+ Support, All support requests to see the new or existing request
For step-by-step guidance, see the Azure section of Technical Support for Microsoft Partners
- Microsoft Partner Network portal
- Microsoft Partner Network technical benefits summary
- Technical Support for Microsoft Partners
- Microsoft Partner Network Support contract activation and Access ID in Partner Center
- My Support benefits and activities
- Microsoft Advanced Support for Partners
- Missing a support option? The product you selected might not be supported with your contract
- Professional Support (pay-per-incident) support plans are not available for Azure Active Directory accounts