This article describes the issues that are fixed in Update Rollup 9 for Microsoft System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager Service Pack 1 (SP1). There are three updates available for System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager SP1: one for servers, one for the administrator console, and one for the guest console. Additionally, this article contains the installation instructions for Update Rollup 9 for System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager SP1.
Issues that are fixed in this update rollup
Virtual Machine Manager
- Service Quality Metrics (SQM) crashes with the following exception:FormatException - M.V.E.SqmRefresher.IsRefreshRequired
- When VMMservice.exe reaches the maximum thread pool limit, it triggers a deadlock.
- If an update is cleaned up from Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), the Virtual Machine Manager Service crashes when it tries to approve the update.
- After you apply Update Rollup 7, Virtual Machine Manager may crash at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.DataCenterManager.StorageUtil.NASFileExportService.GetFileExportService.
- The Live migration of a Highly Available Virtual Machine cross cluster creates a duplicate Virtual Machine role in the target cluster.
- "7" ClusterFlags problems are fixed.
- Commit Dismiss with repeated application resources in GoalState crashes the Guest agent.
Known issue for this updateYou cannot apply this update to a computer that runs Update Rollup 1 for System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager SP1. In order to install Update Rollup 9 for System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager SP1, you have to uninstall Update Rollup 1 for System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager SP1. For more information, see the System Center blog at the following Microsoft website:
Note There are no other known issues when you apply Update Rollup 9 to a system that runs Update Rollup 2 or later updates for System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager SP1.
How to obtain and install Update Rollup 9 for System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager SP1
Download informationUpdate packages for Virtual Machine Manager are available from Microsoft Update or by manual download.
Microsoft UpdateTo obtain and install an update package from Microsoft Update, follow these steps on a computer that has a Virtual Machine Manager component installed:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check Online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Click Important updates are available.
- Select the update rollup package and then click OK.
- Click Install updates to install the update package.