This article describes the issues that are fixed in Update Rollup 5 for Windows Azure Pack. This article also contains the installation instructions for Update Rollup 5 for Windows Azure Pack.
Issues that are fixed in this update rollupThe following issues are fixed in Windows Azure Pack UR5:
- Adds support for SQL Governor in the SQL Server Resource Provider.
Symptom Administrators cannot optimize their SQL Server resource offerings. The SQL Server Resource Governor features are not supported in the SQL Server Resource Provider.
Resolution Admnistrators now have access to this functionality in SQL Server 2014 through the Windows Azure Pack Resource Provider for SQL Server. It is provided through the Admin and Tenant Portal extensions as well as the corresponding PowerShell Cmdlets. Notice that Windows Azure Pack does not support this feature in versions before SQL Server 2014. Also, WAP does not use this feature for its own management databases, it is meant to be used by the tenants in these databases.
Important This feature requires you run the PowerShell script in step 7 of the installation instructions below. If you do not do so, it will not affect the existing functionality or update process of your WAP deployment. SQL Resource Governor will not be available or configurable.
- Adds administrator support for disabling native Network RP to allow for third-party network provider.
Symptom Administrators don't have an option to associate Network Resource Providers other than the one provided through the Service Provider Foundation or Virtual Machine Manager Resource Provider.
Resolution Administrators can now create plans to configure or disable the native Network Resource Provider and allow for third-parties to plug in their Network Resources.
- Provides detail on Virtual Machine Memory type, Memory Startup and Maximum values in the Tenant Portal.
Symptom Tenants cannot see details about the kind of memory allocated to their virtual machines and corresponding Startup and Maximum values.
Resolution Tenants can now see information in the "quick glace" panel about what kind of memory (dynamic or static) their virtual machines have and the corresponding Memory Startup and Maximum values.
- Fix to the Get-MgmtSvcRelyingPartySettings PowerShell cmdlet.
Symptom When you run this cmdlet by using a particular namespace in the parameter, it does not return the correct set of setting. Instead, it returns the settings for a different namespace, not the one provided.
Resolution The Get-MgmtSvcRelyingPartySettings cmdlet no longer returns the settings of the wrong namespace.
- Fix to the issue of failing to establish Remote Desktop Connection to virtual machines put behind a Network Address Translation (NAT) device.
Symptom Tenants who have virtual machines located behind a NAT cannot access their virtual machines through Remote Desktop Connections.
Resolution The Tenant Portal Service Provider Foundation Resource Provider UI makes sure that the correct external IP address is used to establish the Remote Desktop connection.
- Fix to the Attached Network dialog box where the network entries in the list were disabled.
Symptom When the tenant is attaching a network to a computer, the corresponding dialog box does not let them choose an already attached network. Instead, the entries are displayed as disabled.
Resolution The dialog box now lets the user select from the available networks.
- New support for the Turkish language.
How to obtain and install Update Rollup 5 for Windows Azure Pack
Download informationUpdate packages for Windows Azure Pack are available from Microsoft Update or by manual download.
Microsoft UpdateTo obtain and install an update package from Microsoft Update, follow these steps on a computer that has an Operational Manager component installed:
- Click Start and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check Online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Click Important updates are available.
- Select the Update Rollup package and then click OK.
- Click Install updates to install the update package.