- The Task Scheduler service is disabled.
- The Software Protection Platform service is not running under the NETWORK SERVICE account.
- Read permissions for the NETWORK SERVICE account are missing on the following folder: C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\SoftwareProtectionPlatform
- Verify that the Task Scheduler service is running.
- Open the Computer Management tool, and then navigate to Configuration -> Task Scheduler -> Task Scheduler Library -> Microsoft -> Windows -> SoftwareProtectionPlatform.
- On the General tab of SoftwareProtectionPlatform, select the security options, and then verify that the Software Protection Platform service is set to use the NETWORK SERVICE account.
- In Windows Explorer, browse to the C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\SoftwareProtectionPlatform folder, and then verify that the NETWORK SERVICE account has Read permissions for that folder.
- Restart the Software Protection service if it is running.
Article ID: 3033200 - Last Review: Feb 17, 2015 - Revision: 1