- On the Client Access server or servers that the device connects to, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then press ENTER.
- Type iisreset, and then press ENTER.
Recycle the App pools
- Click Start, click Administrative Tools, and then click Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager .
- Expand the server name.
- Click Application Pools.
- Right-click MSExchangeSyncAppPool, and then click Recycle.
- Right-click MSExchangeServicesAppPool, and then click Recycle.
- Right-click MSExchangeOWAAppPool, and then click Recycle.
- Right-click DefaultAppPool, and then click Recycle. (Exchange 2010 and Exchange 2007 only)
- Right-click MSExchangeRPCProxyFrontEndAppPool, and then click Recycle.
- Right-click MSExchangeMAPIFrontEndAppPool, and then click Recycle.
For more information about this topic, including other services that are affected in this scenario, see the following topic from the TechNet Wiki online:
Exchange best practices for untrusted mailbox
For information about EAS device synchronization, see EAS devices still sync after an account is disabled or a password is changed.