Setup procedures that you run in the graphical user interface (GUI) are done by a member of the domain administrators group on a domain controller (DC) that is running Windows 2000 in a mixed-mode environment.
Setup procedures that you run at a command prompt are done by a member of the domain administrators group on a DC that is running Windows NT 4.0 RAS (or RRAS) server in a mixed-mode environment.
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Active Directory Users and Computers.
- In the console tree, click the server you want to work with.
- In the console tree, click the BUILTIN folder.
- In the Details pane, right-click the Pre-Windows 2000 Compatible Access group, and then click Properties.
- On the Members tab, click Add.
- In the Select Users, Contacts, Computers or Groups dialog box, click the Domain Users group, click Add, and then click OK.
- After you verify that the group has been added, click OK.
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- Type cmd, and then click OK.
- At the command prompt, type net localgroup "Pre-Windows 2000 Compatible Access" everyone /add, and then press ENTER.
- Type exit, and then press ENTER.
Article ID: 303973 - Last Review: Jun 19, 2014 - Revision: 1