- In Internet Information Services 5.0 (IIS 5.0), Anonymous access is not selected.
- In IIS 5.0, Basic authentication (password is sent in clear text) is selected.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer, Show friendly HTTP error messages is not selected.
Additionally, when you try to start an Internet Information Services service, the service may not start.
- Click the Start button, click Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Click Administrative Tools, and then click Services.
- Double-click IIS Admin Service.
- On the Log On tab, verify that the option for Local System Account is selected.
- On the Dependencies tab, verify that the following system components depend on the IIS Admin Service:
- FTP Publishing Service
- Indexing Service
- Simple Mail Transport Service (SMPT)
- World Wide Web Publishing Service
- In Services, check the services listed above to verify that each has the Log On option set to the Local System account.
Description: The World Wide Web Publishing Service service failed to start due to the following error: The account specified for this service is different from the account specified for other services running in the same process.
Article ID: 304201 - Last Review: Jul 30, 2008 - Revision: 1