Note %User% is the name of a previously dismissed delegator.
When this issue occurs, the delegator's SIP URI appears in both of the following registry paths:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync\%UserSipUri%\Dismissed DelegatorList
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync\%UserSipUri%\Last DelegatorList
This issue has been fixed in Lync 2013 (Skype for Business) and Skype for Business 2016 Click-to-Run clients. When these clients are updated, users are no longer prompted by notices that they previously dismissed.
Additionally, design improvements have been implemented to increase the supported threshold of delegators and delegates that can be configured. For more information, see the updated "More Information" section.
To fix this issue for Lync 2013 (Skype for Business) MSI clients, apply the following update:Lync 2013 (Skype for Business) Click-to-Run clients:
This issue is fixed in builds 15.0.4787.1002 and later builds.
Skype for Business 2016 Click-to-Run clients:
Current Channel: Builds 16.0.6741.2017 and later builds
First Release Deferred Channel: 16.0.6741.2017 and later builds
Deferred Channel: 16.0.6741.2048 and later builds
For more information about C2R Channel builds, see Office 365 client update channel releases.
- A boss (delegator) can have 25 administrators (delegates).
- An administrator (delegate) can have up to 25 bosses (delegators).
Skype for Business 2016 MSI clients are still limited to 2 bosses per delegate.
- Start an Office 2016 application.
- On the File menu, select Account.
- For Office 2016 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item isn't displayed.
|Office 2016 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2016|
Article ID: 3043678 - Last Review: Sep 26, 2016 - Revision: 1