- You have Full Access and Send On Behalf Of permissions to a shared mailbox in an Exchange Server environment.
- You configure a Microsoft Outlook profile for the shared mailbox and enter your own credentials to access it.
- You send an email message from this Outlook profile.
If you are running Outlook in Cached mode in this scenario, you receive a non-deliverable report (NDR) in your Inbox that contains the following details:
The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:
Recipient_Name on Date_And_Time
Grant Send As permission to the user for the shared mailbox. For information about how to do this in the EAC or by using PowerShell, see Manage permissions for recipients.
Configure the shared mailbox as an additional account. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the File menu, click Info.
- Click Account Settings, and then click Account Settings.
- Select your account, and then click Change.
- In the Change Account dialog box, click More Settings.
- On the Advanced tab, click Add.
- Enter the name of the mailbox, and then click OK.
After you make this change, the additional mailbox is listed on the Advanced tab in the Microsoft Exchange dialog box.
- In the Microsoft Exchange dialog box, click OK.
- In the Change Account dialog box, click Next.
- Click Finish, and then click Close.
Article ID: 3045224 - Last Review: Dec 5, 2015 - Revision: 1