Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Click OK to close the sync window.
- Start Registry Editor. To do this, use one of the following procedures, as appropriate for your version of Windows:
- Windows 8: Press Windows Key+R.
- Windows 7: Click Start, type regedit.exe in the search box, and then press Enter.
- In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following subkey:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common\SignIn
- Locate and then double-click the following value:SignInOptions
- In the Value Data box, type 0, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
- 0 = Both ID types allowed
- 1 = Only Microsoft Account IDs allowed
- 2 = Only Org IDs allowed
- 3 = Users cannot sign in by using either type of ID
Article ID: 3047765 - Last Review: Mar 13, 2015 - Revision: 1