Microsoft has released security bulletin MS15-033. This security bulletin contains all the relevant information about the security update for Microsoft Office for Mac 2011. To view the complete security bulletin, go to the following Microsoft website:
Frequently Asked Questions.
Frequently Asked Questions.
Improvements and fixesThis security update provides the latest fixes for Office for Mac 2011. These include the following:
- Fixes an issue in which you cannot create Lync Online meetings in Outlook for Mac 2011 when certain fields are not set on the Lync Online server.
- Fixes an issue in which free/busy information is not displayed when you schedule a meeting that includes contacts are opened by using an Address Book search.
- Fixes an issue in which meetings that are set in the Coordinated Universal Time (Greenwich Mean Time) time zone are displayed incorrectly in Outlook for Mac 2011.
- Fixes an issue in which Selection.Information(wdVerticalPositionRelativeToPage) returns an incorrect value for the vertical page position in certain scenarios in Word for Mac 2011.
How to obtain the updateThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.4.9 update package now
Release Date: April 14, 2015
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
Updated filesFor a complete list of the files that this update adds or changes, double-click the update installer, and then click Show Files on the File menu.
- The Office for Mac 2011 14.4.9 update is also available from Microsoft AutoUpdate for Mac. AutoUpdate is a program that automatically keeps Microsoft software up to date.
To use AutoUpdate, start an Office for Mac program, and then click Check for Updates on the Help menu,
For more information about resources for Office for Mac 2011, go to the following Microsoft website:
PrerequisitesBefore you install the Office for Mac 2011 14.4.9 update, you should make sure that you have Office for Mac 2011 14.1.0 or a later version installed on the computer. Also, make sure that the computer is running Mac OS X v10.5.8 or a later version.
To verify that the computer meets this prerequisite, click About This Mac on the Apple menu.
To verify that Office for Mac 2011 14.1.0 or a later version is installed on your computer, follow these steps:
- On the Go menu, click Applications.
- Open the Microsoft Office 2011 folder, and then start any Office application. (For example, start Microsoft Word.)
- On the application menu, click About <application name>.
- In the About <application name> dialog box, notice the version number that is displayed there. It should be 14.1.0 or a later version number.
Restart requirementThis update does not require you to restart your computer.
Removing the updateThis security update cannot be uninstalled.
Update replacement informationThis security update replaces update 3018888.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.