- Click Start, click Run, and then type hdwwiz.cpl in the Open box.
- On the Welcome to the Add/Remove Hardware Wizard screen, click Next. When you are asked if you have already connected the hardware, click Yes, I have already connected the hardware, and then click Next.
- In the Devices box, click Add a new hardware device, and then click Next.
- On the Find New Hardware screen, click Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced), and then click Next.
- In the Hardware types box, click Infrared devices, and then click Next.
- In the Manufacturers box, click the device's manufacturer. In the Infrared Device box, click the appropriate infrared device that best matches your hardware.
- If you have an installation disk for the infrared device, click Have Disk, click Next, and then follow any additional instructions to install the device.
- Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Wireless Link.
- On the Hardware tab, click the infrared device you want to view, and then click Properties.
- Start the BIOS configuration utility for your computer. Note that the method for starting the BIOS configuration utility varies from one computer to another. For many computers, you can start the BIOS configuration utility by pressing a function key that is indicated during the computer startup process. Some computers require that you start by using special configuration disks.
- Under the peripheral or serial port configuration section, change the mode to IrDA or Infrared.
Back to the top
Article ID: 305588 - Last Review: Oct 21, 2008 - Revision: 1