- Your computer does not start in Normal mode, but only in Safe Mode.You cannot use the System Restore feature.
Note An antivirus program is designed to help protect your computer from viruses. You must not download or open files from sources that you do not trust, visit Web sites that you do not trust, or open e-mail attachments when your antivirus program is disabled.
For additional information about computer viruses, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Restart your computer in Safe mode.
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type msconfig, and then click OK.
- Click Selective startup.
- On the Static VxD tab, click to clear the NAVAP.VxD check box,and then click OK.
- On the Startup tab, click to clear the Norton Auto Protect check box, and then click OK.
- Restart your computer in Normal mode.
Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.
The third-party products that are discussed in this article are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.
Article ID: 305671 - Last Review: Jun 19, 2014 - Revision: 1