NOTE: Remote Desktop is not available in Windows XP Home Edition.
- Click Start, click Run, type gpedit.msc, and then click OK.
- In the Group Policy editor, click to expand Computer Configuration, click to expand Administrative Templates, click to expand Windows Components, and then click to expand Terminal Services.
- Double-click the Allow users to connect remotely using Terminal Services policy.
- Set the policy to Enabled, and then click OK.
- Right-click My Computer and click Properties.
- Click the Remote tab.
- In the Remote Desktop section, click to clear Allow users to connect remotely to this computer, and then click OK.
Article ID: 306300 - Last Review: Oct 23, 2008 - Revision: 1